Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Metal Embossing/Embellishing

A couple of weeks ago I took at class at the Stamp-a-way Convention in metal embossing. I have to say I fell totally head over heels in love with this craft!! The teacher grew up in Mexico City where her mother started their business. She has written a book, which I purchased and had signed, and is so knowledgeable. She was so patient with her group of students and it's no wonder I fell in love with a new art!

I won't even tell you what I spent in her booth that night {wink-wink} but I am ready to play some more!!
In class we made a journal cover. I wasn't able to put my hands quickly on the correct size that we made the cover for, so I adapted mine to a larger book. I used some retired CTMH papers that I felt accented and enhaced the piece and.... ta-da!! I may have to go back and add some ribbons... Her sample covered the entire front of a small journal.

2 comments:

  1. Your piece turned out great!
    Love the look of the metal pieces but don't want to invest in all the tools! Have you seen 10 Second Studio metal stuff? They have some cool stuff too! Marco's in Dayton carries it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check out the 10 second studio. In retrospect, I don't think the tools cost me too much, and it's a one time investment. We'll see how much I invest in metal...

    ReplyDelete