Saturday, July 17, 2010

Super Secret Swap Cards!


I can't believe after all this time of dying to share my swap cards with you, I totally spaced it! It's been almost a week since I've been back from convention and I am just barely beginning to feel like my old self. Wow, no one told me "recovery" takes so much longer once you break that 50 year mark!


The first card I created for convention swapping was designed using a stamp set I am absolutely in love with. I love the card, as well, but the logistics soon proved to be far too much for my feeble time frame. I embossed the Key and Key Hole in gold on Cocoa and then cut them out, including the hole in the handle of the key. FAR too much work for mass production.
When opened into an easel card there was more detail work in the form of torn paper, brads, Cuttlebug cut circles (Nestibilities), sigh... I just didn't have the time to devote all that attention to too many cards. I ended up with a few more than 20 of this design.
Moving on to what I thought would be less time consuming I created this:

I started with wedding coasters I purchased on clearance at Michael's and covered them with our papers. I used A Tweet for the stamped image and negatively sponged a hot little sun in the background.

I wanted an item that was a souvenir of convention so I used my Cricut to create the Washington DC frame on the back and more CTMH stamps for the month & circled days. I love how it turned out!
And to me, the best, most fun part of all, is that it's not a card, but a fan! I don't know about anyone else but mine did get a little action during general session. I can always count on being too warm sometime during the events!

No comments:

Post a Comment